Resizing with F-Spot

For the longest time I've resisted using F-Spot. Plain old bullheadedness on my part, I guess. I preferred to do things old school, manually arranging my photos in folders. But it just got to the point where I had too many photos and F-Spot became the most rational way to manage my pictures. Now that we've gotten acquainted, I'm loving it.

Today I hurdled another problem that had been bugging me for some time: resizing photos in F-Spot. Apparently, you can install a plugin for resizing. Just go to Edit->Manage Extensions.



From then on, a Resize button will appear in the Edit panel on the side.



The resize feature is fairly rudimentary. Aspect ratio is locked, so all you can do is change the width. For basic editing, this should be all you need.

More F-Spot Extensions.