Liferea Revisited

A couple of days ago, I wrote about Liferea, saying, in effect, that it was an adequate feed reader though I still had my doubts. Well, those doubts have been dispelled. Liferea just made it to my list of "must-have" Ubuntu applications.

Silly of me, but the reason I wasn't maximizing Liferea was because I didn't set the preferences right. I should have specified an update of all feeds during startup so I wouldn't have to do it manually. Alright, minor point of design -- I think auto feed update should be the default -- but still not a big deal, all things considered.

It's helping a lot that I've limited each feed to only five posts. That way, I don't get overwhelmed by the number of unread items. (Memories of Lotus Notes horror from my IBM days!) That's really why I just sort of gave up on Bloglines: it just became unwieldy. But now, with Liferea, I think I have some control back.