Going full bore 64!

Going through the Ubuntu Forums has made me see the error of my ways. I am talking about this wonderful 64-bit guide in relation to my previous lament on the perceived limitations of 64-bit Ubuntu.

I am embarrassed again to say it but my issue was Flash on 64-bit. Apparently, that isn't a problem as there is a Ubuntu package, flashplugin-nonfree, that will take care of that. So, a quick sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree and I'm off and running.

Truth be told, I've been spending more time on my 64-bit partition anyway. It's the partition on which I've installed VirtualBox and video editing tools and pretty much everything I was using. Ah, yes, the usual problem of dual-boot: you really end up spending more time with one partition anyway.

So now I've just written over the 32-bit Ubuntu partition with the 64-bit cousin, and this is where I'm writing my blog entry now. It's helped a lot that I separated the /home partition as all my old files and settings just carried over. In the process of updating the software so it's going to take a while longer...say a little before lunch.

I'm still going to keep the space for the other partition, though, as it'll give me room to play with as needed. But for the most part, I'm back to just one.